11-year-old boy dies after phone explodes while charging during online class in Vietnam

11-year-old boy dies after phone explodes while charging during online class in Vietnam

  • An 11-year-old boy died after his mobile phone exploded during an online lesson
  • Device was plugged in and charging when it turned on
  • Neighbors rushed to help the boy but he died shortly after arriving at hospital

A school-aged boy has died in Vietnam after his mobile phone exploded while taking an online course at home.

The 11-year-old, who was only named “NVQ” by local media, had completed an online course at his home in Nghe An province.

While using his cellphone, which had been plugged in to charge, the fifth-grader’s device was set on fire, according to Le Trung Son, a Vietnamese education official.

The boy was set on fire by flames from his phone around 4 p.m., as neighbors tried to help him.

A school-aged boy died in Vietnam after his mobile phone exploded while taking an online course at home (stock image)

He was rushed to hospital so he could be treated for his injuries, but died shortly afterwards.

Police are now believed to be investigating the incident and it is not yet known what type of phone or charger the boy was using.

Following the incident, local education officials visited the boy’s home and offered their condolences to his parents.

Children in Nam Dan district returned to school three weeks ago, but as a Covid-19 precaution, they continue to attend classes almost once a week.

The continuation of full-time online courses for school children is currently only taking place in Cua Lo and Vinh cities.

The 11-year-old, who has not been named

The 11-year-old, who was only named ‘NVQ’ by local media, had completed an online course at his home in Nghe An province. Pictured: Image of a house in Nghe province Year

Advertisement

Comments are closed.